Top 25 Dialysis Blogs

Dialysis Blogs

Monday, March 4, 2013

The "I Didn't Go To Sleep Until Shawn Told Me About Her Visit to One of Her Grad School Choices and Now I'm Sleepy", edition.

Pat's Adventures in Dialysis, the I Didn't go to Sleep Until Shawn told me about her visit to one offer grad school choices and now I'm sleepy edition.

Roz correctly guessed Five Special.  The answers to rest of the questions are in the 1st/test blog.  I think you comment on this thing, but it's a work in progress.  iPod on "A Heart is House for Love", the Dells.  We used to insist the Five Heartbeats play every week at the beauty salon - lol. I'm sure the guy who did our hair was more that tired of the movie.  We could do the movie dialogue and emote as well. :-D.  And of course I have the DVD and the DVR.

Ok. So the first night I had the death dream. I woke up to my ICU nurse doing nurse stuff.  Breakfast was brought in,  but hospital food is pretty bad and it's even worse when it's salt free..yuck.  I still didn't have much of an appetite anyway.  Well Sinai-Grace is a teaching hospital, and soon enough a class of residents herded into my room,with the instructor rolling in yet another computer.  They had access to all of  my info and the teaching doctor immediately started quizzing them on my  condition in front of me.  That was cool,because I was getting information about what was wrong and what perhaps the treatment might be.

The instructor, Dr. McDonald, looked like Steve Martin.  I asked him if he knew that...lol. He replied that he got that a lot.  He then started asking me a ton of questions, then would ask the students
questions based only answers..like a speed round on a game show.  He and I then got into why my primary care physician was a gastroenterologist.  I felt like it was mental challenge, and I needed to defend my doctor of over 30 years..wtf!!!!!   Eventually he was satisfied, and remember his occurred inf front of the students.  Lol. Pulled me out of my sick fog, anyway and made me think. :). We both came out of it with respect for each other.  He started quizzing the students on cause, treatment and possible outcomes.  When he got answers he was satisfied with he had the resident get everything going.  I would see  Dr Martin a lot while I was in ICU along with the head resident, Dr "call me Nat" Battinger.


  iPod flipped to "The Show", Doug E Fresh.  Jolly Rancher if you know his partner  on this song.  I never heard of the partner until my nieces, Waunese and DeWanica, brought him to  my attention.
"Auntie Pat, please take us to the concert!!".  Lol I had never heard of the guy before that.  And no I didn't take them to that concert...we went to Janet Jackson, instead. :). Signing off with Rachelle Farrell, "With Open Arms".  Nothing to say about this song except to crank up the volume to max, close your eyes and enjoy. :)


2 comments: